CSNbbs
Monica Rimai - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Monica Rimai (/thread-50619.html)

Pages: 1 2

- mbl95 - 09-12-2005 09:31 PM

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:Honestly, this board is starting to sound like the Drudge Report back during the Clinton administration.  Bitchin' and looking for any little thing to get offended over to blow up as the second coming of Watergate aint' gunna bring Huggs back or get her posterior thrown out of office.  People need to get over it and decide if they want to support UC or not.  $hit or get off the pot. 
Rathskellar......what type of ridiculous logic are you proposing!??? Either blindly follow Zimpher or stop all support of the University and Athletic Program that the majority of reader/posters to this board have supported through their attendance, money, and heart for years???

Zimpher's arrogance and horrible leadership is causing true damage to the University and especially the Athletic Department. Those of us who love the Bearcats........yet lack the financial means of the Linders, Wylers, etc......are frustrated as hell that a delusional academic elitist from OSU is ruining everything that has been built up over the past 16 years. There is an alternative. Everyone knows that Huggs can't be brought back.....but come hell or high water.....if enough alumni, boosters, and other constituents create the conditions that diminish her leadership effectiveness....at some point she can be forced out. Gordon Gee and Myles Brand are examples of Presidents who also overstepped their "mandates" and didn't survive more than 2-3 years at OSU and IU respectively.

Stick it with your stupid "Drudge Report" analogy........the majority on this board want change. I will agree that there is frustration around the lack of specific actions that can be taken....and there end's up being alot of venting. But if this remains one of the only forums publicly available to discuss the hypocrisy that IS the current President and BOT...then long may the voices of protest use this board to continue to expose their hypocrisy in an effort to get rid of them.

Like all hypocrits........Zimpher, Cox, and Wyler (the latter two already w/ public legal issues that expose their own so called "integrity" failings) will soon be brought down by their own actions. Minimally....3-4 years from now...when the bball team is in the basement of the Big East, academic achievement doesn't surpass that of Huggs' last 4 years, off-court legal issues by players are not eliminated completely, and average attendance plummets to the 4K-5K/game level.......
the foolish powerbrokers (who currently enable her) w/ the real money to affect change will turn on her and she will move on. The shame will be that the wreckage she has created will take years to fix..........if it even will be possible. If this board .....and the continued attacks on Z that are discussed here .....shorten her reign of terrible "leadership" by 1 day..it will be WORTH IT.

I support the University of CINCINNATI!

Zimpher Must Go

- Rathskeller_Crew - 09-13-2005 12:18 AM

Whatever. You are preaching to the friggin' choir. I get it...you drank the kool-aid and you think you'll make a big difference. You won't. Reality bites.

Its getting old. Either move on or deal with the current situation. She won and the Bearcat Nation lost. Sucks out loud but that is the reality of this crappy situation. You are delusional if you believe otherwise.

Me, I turned the corner in the last couple of weeks and decided that while I am pissed, I'd be doing Coach Dantonio, Coach Kennedy and all the young me who signed up to be Bearcats a huge disservice if I bitched, moaned, boycotted and didn't support them. I stuck it out through the abortion of the 80's and my kids an I will stick it out until she moves on to greener pastures - and she will but call me crazy - it won't have a thing to do with 15 guys who post vitriolic messages on this board.

Spit in one hand and wish in the other....see which one fills up first.

In the meantime, save your holier than thou bull $hit.

- Rathskeller_Crew - 09-13-2005 12:44 AM

Eastside_J Wrote:OK Ill bite.  Lets have it then.

or pm me if you'd rather.
Eastside,

You misunderstood. There is a ton we don't know about this.

What matters (if any) has she advocated in a court? Do we know if she has been before an administrative agency in a representative capacity? Do we know if she inappropriately held herself out as having been admitted to practice by the Ohio Supreme Court to clients, the public or opposing counsel. Has she handled legal matters not related to her role as general counsel, etc,.. And on and on...I don't have this info and I doubt Mr. Blogger does either. That is what I meant by there is info we don't have yet. Under the Ohio Supreme Court Adivsory Opinions and Ohio Model Rules of Professional Responsibility this is information that you would generally need to have access to before you could even begin to make broad assumptions about the propriety of her practice of law.

Do a Google search. The Ohio State Supreme Court posts the advisory opinions on this topic as well as the Ohio Model Rules on the web. You don't have to take the educational path that Gruehls and I took to get access to this stuff (although Gruehls took that path a long time before I did).

- righthook - 09-13-2005 09:31 AM

Great work Beta. I hope you do follow through with the complaint. NZ seems to think her decisions cannot be criticized and she is free and clear to do as she wishes. Hopefully, this can knock her down a notch. 04-cheers

- BearcatDave - 09-13-2005 01:25 PM

I hope someone pursues this. At the very least to embarass Ms Rimai. I haven't emailed Ms Rimai on this because I hope someone pursues it.

Zimpher and Rimai are very shady people.

- mbl95 - 09-13-2005 04:25 PM

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:Me, I turned the corner in the last couple of weeks and decided that while I am pissed, I'd be doing Coach Dantonio, Coach Kennedy and all the young me who signed up to be Bearcats a huge disservice if I bitched, moaned, boycotted and didn't support them.  I stuck it out through the abortion of the 80's and my kids an I will stick it out until she moves on to greener pastures - and she will but call me crazy - it won't have a thing to do with 15 guys who post vitriolic messages on this board.     

Spit in one hand and wish in the other....see which one fills up first. 

In the meantime, save your holier than thou bull $hit.

Your a Sheep....plain an simple. You're "angry" ...but are now over it....wow. Did Dr. Phil have to help you? You think the '80 were an aborition....the next 5 years will make the '80s look like the f'ing glory days. Your "go along" attitude plays right into Zimpher's hands. I'm all for supporting the "kids" and Andy Kennedy....hell, AK will be out of here the minute the horn sounds at the last game. The majority on here want to take action.......by any means to counter Zimpher. Your approach, at least as I understand it.............shut up, get over it, go to the games, and do nothing else to express frustration with Z's leadership...that's exactly what Zimpher wants. Thank god true fans and supporters like Tom Gregory at Montgomery Inn and Mike Dever at Performance Automotive have more guts than you. I'll stick w/ the 15 vitrolic guys here ...before I kiss Z's ****** like you want to do.

- Rathskeller_Crew - 09-13-2005 05:24 PM

Screw you. Throw a temper tantrum, stamp your feet, hold your breath till you turn blue or you get you way. My four year old deals with adversity better than you.

You are a spoiled fair weather fan who is going to take her ball and go home. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the ****** on the way out.

I'm sure the players are happy to have "fans" like you to fall back on when times get tough.

- Catmandu - 11-21-2005 05:57 PM

Crew... the players will be gone next year... we have to stay here.

Give me a break... for the players... yeah the one that got 0.0 GPA's and incompletes that Monica talked about in her letters?

Hey I suppor the players... but you strike me as one of those peoples that won't know about their rights till they're gone,,, (that's an analogy only).

you can blindly follow... however, if you don't like the decision, don't go and be counted as a Zimpher supporter, WEAR BLACK... and be counted as someone that supports the team but doesn't support the methods of the administration.

- Murph29 - 11-22-2005 09:10 AM

Rathskeller_Crew Wrote:Screw you. Throw a temper tantrum, stamp your feet, hold your breath till you turn blue or you get you way. My four year old deals with adversity better than you.

You are a spoiled fair weather fan who is going to take her ball and go home. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the ****** on the way out.

I'm sure the players are happy to have "fans" like you to fall back on when times get tough.
Crew you forget that there are fans who ARE supporting the team and AK who have forked out several thousand dollars despite the sick feeling they have at the monumentally stupid and destructive actions UC's President and BOT have taken. It is not a world of absolutes pal. You are starting to sound like someone you probably despite (initials GWB - "you are with us or against us.") Some are supporting the team, going to games, and are diehard fans, yet feel that change needs to occur at the top. That is not a conflicted position. So please cease with this black and white crap of "either support the team or get the hell out of here." Graduates of UC and supporters have a right to want answers about a President who hires a crony from her former school, bypassing a large pool of UC grads who would likely have been interested in the position, only to have that crony practicing law on behalf of a State school when she is not authorized or licensed to practice law in that state. Study your MPRE scores all you want. You don't have to appear in court or before some administrative agency to be practicing law in a state. I am licensed in Ohio. If I moved to Memphis and started working in-house for Fed Ex representing them in legal matters, guess what? I'd have to be licensed in Tenn. Any lawyer who "forgets" to seek licensure from the State Bar in the State where she is moving to practice law needs to get a clue. Is this a huge deal? Probably not. She could get a reprimand for it but she will not be banned from obtaining her license in Ohio or anything like that. But it is the latest in a series of incompetent moves by this administration that really calls into question its ability to do the job.

- Eastside_J - 11-22-2005 01:08 PM

Murph,
Nicely summarized. I have struggled with whether the actions stem from incompetence or from the "end justifies the means" mentality. (speaking of Clinton :eek: )

I think there is actually a twisted combination of both.

Although I don't know it for certain, I would have to guess that NZ is a liberal (a conservative would consider another conservative or a libertarian leaning person for the Law post, but never an ACLU guy). Her actions surely follow the destructive, above the rules of the herd, "end justifies the means" mentality of elitist liberalism. (Could easily insert Clinton here as well.)

She knows what is good for brand-equity bankrupt UC and anyone who doesn't agree or like it can "STFU", but don't stop giving us money or you are heartless and not a real UC supporter.

- Murph29 - 11-22-2005 01:17 PM

I don't want to turn this into a political debate. Quite simply, there are a good deal of fans (probably most of the 8000 at the game the other night) who are still supporting UC but despise NaZi and what she has done. This with us or against us, you are either a fan of Huggins or UC crap needs to stop. Additionally, the Rimai issue is a valid one for debate. Even if I had no interest in UC sports and no opinion on Huggs firing, as a UC grad I would still be concerned by the crony hiring of Rimai and the apparent incompetence demonstrated by failing to register in Ohio to get licensed while she acted as chief legal counsel and represented UC.

- Eastside_J - 11-22-2005 01:30 PM

Murph,
Unfortunately I don't think she can be skewered on the Crony hire part, regardless of whether she deserves to be.

But I agree with you, Rimai wasn't just acting as an advisor to Zimpher or even just giving Huggins attorney notice of UC's position regarding his employment. Rimai held herself out as Chief General Counsel and formally provided them with documentation of UC's position through citation of Ohio Law. So the bottom line is that Zimpher knowingly hired a general counsel that couldn't legally represent UC. I would be shocked if the formal hiring requirements for that position didn't specifcally state that qualified applicants MUST be licensed in the state of Ohio. On that issue I think she should be skewed for sure.

- Zoroaster - 11-22-2005 01:47 PM

And what begs the question is why would Nancy rush to hire a crony tool like Monica without having her go through the proper legal process?

Could it be Monica's predecessor had no interest in pursuing the termination of Huggins and stepped out of the picture with pressure from our Witch Queen/ University President.

Perhaps Nancy wanted a case against Huggins before the start of the BEast season, before he could experience some success, before it became clear of what we lined up from a recruiting standpoint.

When we get the so, so performance of whatever replacement Nancy hires, I fully expect the Nancy camp to trot out the excuse, well Huggs was successful in the GMW and CUSA, but you can't expect that same level of performance in the BEast.

Well, since he was never given the opportunity, we'll never really know for certain. I suppose we'll have to take Nancy's word on it, like Huggins being allowed to Coach out the last two years of his contract.

- Murph29 - 11-22-2005 03:29 PM

Eastside_J Wrote:Murph,
Unfortunately I don't think she can be skewered on the Crony hire part, regardless of whether she deserves to be.

But I agree with you, Rimai wasn't just acting as an advisor to Zimpher or even just giving Huggins attorney notice of UC's position regarding his employment. Rimai held herself out as Chief General Counsel and formally provided them with documentation of UC's position through citation of Ohio Law. So the bottom line is that Zimpher knowingly hired a general counsel that couldn't legally represent UC. I would be shocked if the formal hiring requirements for that position didn't specifcally state that qualified applicants MUST be licensed in the state of Ohio. On that issue I think she should be skewed for sure.
I don't think Zimpher would take the heat for this. She may be criticized for it but I would guess the heat should fall on Rimai for not getting registered as soon as possible and proceeding to practice law in a state where she was not licensed. Lawyers should no this requirement. I wouldn't be suprised if she was told, okay you got the job, you will obviously have to get licensed here, etc. And she just dropped the ball. Dove into work and forgot about it. I wouldn't put in on Zimpher to run after her and say, "Now Moni, did you remember to get your license?"
I am curious about a major University hiring for a position like Gen. Counsel and possibly not having an open hiring process and rather just hand picking some crony without considering any other local candidates.